Monday, September 22, 2008
Going To Melbourne
I never been to Melbourne!

Since I started my University studies a long time ago, the cities I have been to around Australia is only Sydney, Snowy Mountain, Canberra and Gold Coast.

When I was about to go to Paris last year, a chat friend told me that Melbourne resembles European City. I though Melbourne may be a very interesting city after I visited Paris.

I saw an article about an Australian actress talked about difference between Melbourne and Sydney. She said that Melbourne is gloomy (like London) and suitable for her TV serials which tell stories about homicide in Melbourne. She said that Sydney is bright and sunny city. Moreover, there are lots of underground gangland or mafia wars in Melbourne in the past years.

Just earlier this year, my chat friend said that there are lots of drunken teenagers roaming around Melbourne CBD making troubles at a very late night everyday.

The Sixty Minutes did not help much, one of the program informed that Melbourne does have drunken teenagers who would bashed, kicked people and fighting without any cause around Melbourne streets in the night. Worse enough, there are 2 victims been interviewed. One lose his half forehead skull as it is bashed badly against tarmac, but he survived without forehead skull, just skin covering his brain on the forehead. Another victim got brain damage and been degraded into a big baby who could not take care his own life. His mom has to washed, taking care, and feeding him all the time. The brawls happened during a very late night.

As a result, the bar opening hours in Melbourne has been reduced so much and there are curfew for these teenagers to roaming around Melbourne at late night.

No wonder, my imagination is that Melbourne is a dark, gloomy city with lots of rains, unpredictable weather, gangland wars, and a harsh city.

However, I was very excited when my friend from Indonesia came in August and asked me to go with her family together to Melbourne. It'll be 2 days only, but I want to find out what's Melbourne look like?

Sadly, my friend's dad suddenly got weak and sick a day before our flight to Melbourne. So, I had to cancelled all plans in Melbourne and my plane ticket is gone.

I keep thinking that one day, I will be on a plane and fly to Melbourne in this year. While I reluctant to pay for the trip, somehow I'm very sure that I will be going to Melbourne.

Then, last week, my manager called me and other colleague. He told us that we are going to Melbourne for 2 days training during the long weekend together with 4 others that he already called before us. I was amazed and keep calm during the talk in my manager's office. After we back to the desk, we giggled and felt very excited.

The price? We have to learn more and more about product knowledge in Melbourne and give a presentation upon coming back, but I still feel excited on stepping into Melbourne for the first time.

I am happy enough as all accommodation and flight will be paid and taken care for. I will not wandering around late in the night as I love my comfy bed more than roaming in the dark. I would love to walking around in the daylight as I can see more rather than in the dark.

I never dream that I will eventually get paid for a training out of town. Looking back years ago, I was a very comfortable just staying-at-home-person. Now, I'd love to try something new, eating out (only for something good enough), going somewhere and eager to open my eyes for more adventures.
 
posted by Lilia at 7:43 pm | Permalink |


3 Comments:


At Tuesday, September 23, 2008 11:12:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous

hihihi, gw dah pernah ke melbourne tapi waktu masih umur 7 taon jadi gak inget apa2 :D

 

At Thursday, September 25, 2008 10:34:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

Have fun in Melbourne and eat lots of good Italian food!

 

At Sunday, October 12, 2008 3:02:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

gw belon pernah ke sana... hikshiks duh pengen deh bisa ke aussie sekali2.... bayarin donk liiii.... :)