Sunday, October 26, 2008
Shu Shin Bou
I was walking around George Street last Saturday when I remembered a flyer from Bread Top in World Square that was given to me last month. The flyer was an advertisement about new supermarket, Maxim, which located in Regent Place on George Street.

I made a dash to the new building located between Greater Union and KFC, going down to escalator then I found Shu Shin Bou...

The first thing that I saw is:

Shu Shin Bou's display of Daifuku, dorayaki, potato cake and
caramelised persimmon with brown sugar.


Then I saw the making of Mochi-yaki, a cake filled with creamy custard. Unfortunately, the machine was being repaired. Some cold Mochi-yaki were waiting on a box, to be sold. However I was interested to have a hot mochi-yaki rather than a cold and lumpy mochi-yaki.

The mochi-yaki's machine


The mochi-yaki display is using a false ancient Japanese oven and false fire to highlight the Mochi-yaki being sold in the shop.


Still waiting for mochi-yaki

After some more minutes waiting and seem it will take more time to get the machine working perfectly on making mochi-yaki, I focused on mochi and daifuku display. I bought some mochi with different flavours and brought it home:

I bought mochi with flavours: green tea, blueberry, mango & coconut, brown sugar with sesame, peach yogurt, and mango (with brown dusted flour). I bought 2 for each flavour.

I got the brochure about these product and flavours after I bought these mochi. The brochure will help you decide which flavour you would like to buy. Had I read the brochure before proceed to ask the staff what flavours it is one by one on mochi display, I would not be embarrassed wasting time as there were some people queue behind me.

I was advised that these mochi will last 5 days in the fridge or 15 days in the freezer.

It is good to be eaten frozen, advised the staff. So I put the fresh mochi into the freezer and ate these after some hours. It is delicious, soft and cold, though some with sensitive teeth may not like it frozen. Even though it is frozen, you can bite it through without slicing it. I almost end up eating my fourth mochi that day...

Have a look at their website in here: Shu Shin Bou's Website
 
posted by Lilia at 6:15 pm | Permalink |


3 Comments:


At Tuesday, October 28, 2008 11:02:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

Wow you bought a lot! Hope you don't feel too sick after eating too many at once :)

 

At Thursday, October 30, 2008 1:53:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous

Tampak yummy....
Hixs, malem2 pas kelaperan ngebaca kayak begini, jadi ngecesss...
ayok tanggung jawab ci, beliin buat aku tuh :P

 

At Saturday, April 25, 2009 12:50:00 am, Anonymous kel

oo I'm going to check this out. :)