Thursday, March 01, 2007
My Best Friend
SHE is on the left side of the picture, next to me in a picture that was taken a year ago. Right now, SHE is in Indonesia. SHE'S grieving for her dad that recently passed away this morning. I want to be in there, but right now I don't hold any passport to get out from Australia dan back again. Moreover, I couldn't take a leave and I had to attend a training class this coming Monday. What can I do now is sending sms to her friends (back from her Uni in Surabaya) and make contacts for her friends in here. My mom is going there on Saturday.


I knew her when the Orientation (so-called cruel discipline program for new Uni students) began. I need something and my housemate suggested that I go to her rented house because my housemate is her friend back in her High School. So, I went there, calling her name and there SHE appeared and asked me what SHE can do for me. I couldn't remember why I need to see her and what SHE did for me later. We meet up again and again during Orientation because both of us were studying the same subject, Pharmacy, and had to endure a lot of suffering during Orientation. Afterward, I found myself walking together with her and some friends during Orientation and there, her fight-for-friend's-cause came up. SHE was very upset with one of our friend, S, who was trying to cut a signature from other friend's book (Sy). We had to collect Senior's attendance signature by attending some of the sport games to pass the Orientation.

Then SHE was angry with me and Sy because we tried to calm her down and told her that it doesn't matter losing one signature. Then the anger still going on when the Uni Classes started but I still say "Hi!" to her whenever I was passing her. SHE was actually angry to S, not to me or Sy and couldn't understand why both of me and Sy forgave S easily.
Then little by little, SHE overcame the anger and I found 4 of us (including S) sitting together in classes. Then came H and we got 5 people in our group.

Fast forward, I had to leave Indonesia to Australia, SHE, H and Sy wanted me to come back and were waiting for me to come back after English class in 6 months. However, I didn't come back. The situation and the decision was not purely mine as I bring those to prayers and I follow up the result. My dad likes to talk to her dad when she came to my house with her dad, when I was spending my holiday in Indonesia.

Fast forward, Sy getting married and chose to get honeymoon in here to meet me. Then SHE come and studying in here. SHE was here too when my mom got breast cancer. SHE even helped me financially when my family was broke. Many times, SHE and her dad helped me. They never ask anything from my family.

I feel that I didn't do enough to help her when SHE failed first, then second, then 3 times in a subject, eventhough I knew that it was her weakness and bad habit from "Indonesian style" of studying. I tried to encourage her, but SHE likes activities than studying from a book. Then her dad passed away before SHE could finish her study in here. I hope that SHE would come back and finish what she started. However, if SHE decide to continue her dad business, I will support her too. I know what right for her now is to continue what her dad started and still doing it till he is passed away, because her dad once told her that he wanted her to continue his business.

My message for her: Whatever you do, I will support you. If you want to cry, just cry out. After you stash out whatever annoying your feeling right, promise me that you will chin up, stand up, and walk forward. I'll be there when you need me.
 Posted by Picasa
 
posted by Lilia at 11:17 pm | Permalink |


4 Comments:


At Tuesday, March 13, 2007 2:40:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous

yap!! setujuh!! kalo sahabat qta ceman bisa berdoa n mendukung sepenuhnya ajah:)

 

At Monday, March 19, 2007 5:12:00 pm, Blogger Yenny Lesly

di situasi gini nih persahabatan diuji...

 

At Tuesday, March 20, 2007 7:48:00 pm, Blogger Unknown

semoga temanmu mendapatkan yang terbaek deh...kadang milih gini emang susah...tapi dijalani dan berdoa pasti ada jalannya...kamu emang teman setia lil...glad that we meet too

yuliana
http://sinarta.com

 

At Tuesday, March 20, 2007 8:58:00 pm, Blogger Lilia

Linx - Yenny - Yul:
Thanks semua. SHE will be back for exam only, in May. Hopefully she will pass the exam this time.
Glad to meet you all, also Glad that all of you come back blogging in ur blog.