Thursday, February 14, 2008
Red Velvet
Found out a strange cake's name from Grey's Anatomy serials that there is a Red Velvet Cake. After browsing around, I found this recipe of Red Velvet from http://www.cupcakeblog.com.
It seem strange, a red cupcake with chocolatey flavour? No, the recipe use a real chocolate powder, not a milk white chocolate. So I was thinking of making it, after learned that the blog's writer suggested to top up the chocolate powder for more chocolatey taste.

I began made the cupcakes yesterday, mistakenly the recipe's batch size with planning to make 24 became made only 12 cupcakes. Gee.. not even enough for my workmates, so I had to gave it to some of them earlier before the others come to work.

Here are those photos:

The preparation


The batch, yes it's all RED


The result, even it's all over RED inside.

It was not all perfect. It was really chocolatey, but the cake not risen enough as I doubled the chocolate powder but forgot to reduce the plain flour. I supposed to reduce the flour if I want to add more chocolate powder. Well, I will try again next time with less chocolate powder maybe just 50% more than original recipe rather 100% like before.
What were my workmates said? They said that it's yummy and I noticed that all of them still alive at least, ha ha... or maybe die trying to ate my cake?
 
posted by Lilia at 8:08 pm | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At Monday, February 25, 2008 2:24:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

warnanya kebanyakan ga yak? aku juga ga bisa bikin kue..hehehe :)
pede aja..yang penting mereka bilang yummy deh :)