Tuesday, January 01, 2008
New Year
I sent him an email this morning. Wishing him a best wishes and thanks him to make my 2007 a great memories for me. A bad start happened in April as my dad passed away and I felt so sad. However, he turned my sadness by gave me chance to go to Paris and Montpellier. That's when I realise that there is something different on what do you see on TV and media when you experience the experience itself. The culture, the different people around, the food, the air and the music. Everything was a new experience for me. It was the first time I ever spent a long flight hours, European dining experience, fast train TGV, seeing Paris from atop of Eiffel, Arc de Triomphe and Paris Wheel. It was also the first time I ever been to South of France, seeing poor Spanish migrant and rich people on the Mediterranean (French Riviera) side.

It's also the first time I saw him so relaxed and happy to get around. I just wished that he would not going alone like when we were separated in the Louvre museum, rather I wish him to get along with us and going together. However, when he got back to Sydney, he told me that he likes London (he went to London at the end of our Paris journey without us) because his friends are living in London. Maybe there is someone special to him in London.

I received my certificate in Hospitality Operation last November after finished my classes which was paid by the hotel under his management. Then, I received 2 awards on the Christmas Party day from him and the managements. The managements are included Maintenance Manager, my supervisor and other staffs who voted for me. If in 2006 I received 1 award being the Best Team Player, in 2007 I received award as Employee of the Month and they made a special award namely "The Liliana Award". I was surprised to heard him saying what I have done, I guessed that those managements people told him a lot about me.

Tonight, I read his reply. He told me how special I was for the hotel and hope that our friendship will continue even after I started my new job. So here is the conclusion, he just want to be my friend. Maybe it's time for me to move on and started anew. I don't know how I will be able to do that. I feel that I didn't know yet why did I receive this new job and why I would even leave "my big family".

All I know that I had to receive this new job to step up, grow up and especially to help my family. This new job will guarantee me to get a better salary and better future as I get more challenge (which I really want). I was bored with my previous job. I got bored if I had to do the same thing over and over again. I feel that those people from "my big family" always protect me whenever I make a mistake. Sometime I wish they will get angry to me or scold me, but they never do it. I guess that I don't want to be protected anytime. I need to stand on my own feet and being more responsible on my job while getting more challenge ahead.

Hopefully, one day I will look back and say to myself that I made a right decision.
 
posted by Lilia at 9:51 pm | Permalink |


2 Comments:


At Saturday, January 05, 2008 1:56:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous

hepi new year ya ^^
semangattt! :) semoga hepi, sukses dengan kerjaan baru dan hidup baru di 2008.

 

At Thursday, January 10, 2008 8:25:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous

focus on future, li.. forward-thinking.. start making some plans !